Click here to apply for METAS as a new mentor!
Click here to apply for METAS as a returning mentor!
Both applications are due on April 30th, 2020!
Mentoring, Educating, and Transforming to Achieve Success
Mission & Goals
METAS is a peer mentoring program in which first-year students, whether they be freshmen or transfer students, get paired with current UConn students who assist them with their transition to the University.
Mentees can receive academic and social support from all individuals involved in METAS.
Our goals are:
- Latinx student retention
- To create a strong sense of community
- To provide leadership opportunities
- To provide a support system for first-year and transfer Latinx students as they transition into college life
What can this program offer you?
- Engage you in valuable leadership experiences which become the foundation for skills such as: communication, mentoring, and conflict resolution
- Encourage you to connect with the Latinx community on campus. We will provide you with opportunities to interact, network, and collaborate with the University’s diverse population
What to Expect:
- Strong friendships with a diverse group of people
- Ability to build a mentor relationship that best suits your needs
Mentor: An experienced UConn student who will provide guidance and support
Mentee: A first-year student who utilizes their mentor and other mentors in the program as resources for academic, social, professional, and emotional advancement
Success: Working towards achieving your goals in all aspects of your life
Coordinators: The students who facilitate effective programs, build a strong sense of community, and influence the cohort to strive for multiple aspects of success that impact the development and mission of our program
PRLACC: The Puerto Rican/Latin American Cultural Center, your home away from home, located on the fourth floor of the Student Union
Kick-Off: The first event of the year where the entire cohort comes together!
Interested in being a mentee? Fill out the Mentee Fact Sheet by July 19, 2019 at 11:59PM!
Follow us on social media!
Facebook: METAS PRLACC