The Latinx Student Leadership Council (LxSLC) was established to support all student organizations affiliated with the Puerto Rican/Latin American Cultural Center.
The council strives to unify Latinx, Caribbean, Greek and professional groups in order to strengthen the PRLACC student voice on issues related to campus. We aim to empower all students through leadership development, training, and education. In turn, the council will help foster an environment that provides a sense of belonging and inclusiveness in the UConn community through programming and leadership.
The council is comprised of student organization representatives, USG representatives, committee chairpersons of PRLACC’s special events and teams for campus-wide activities. While some were existing positions, others were created to allow a voice in events in which students are representing the center. These positions include Homecoming Chair, HuskyTHON Chair , Noche Latina Chair, Welcome Back Dinner Chair, Afro-Latinx Chair and Mixed Heritage Chair. These positions are open to any students who wish to get involved more within the center; no previous organization affiliation required.
Member organizations of the LxSLC will have access to the following:
- Use of the PRLACC Kitchen
- Use of the PRLACC Program Room
- Opportunities for Professional Development
- Opportunities to attend Conferences representing PRLACC such as the New England Student Leadership Conference in Spring 2017
- Promotion of the Organization through PRLACC media
- A voice on the issues regarding PRLACC
- Recognition Spotlights such as Organization and Program of the year at the PRLACC Banquet