Who is a Mentee?
A first-year student, whether a freshman or a transfer student.
How Does the Program Work?
Once we receive your application, we pair you up with a mentor based on common interests and characteristics. Your mentor will be your guide and resource for the whole year!
What can this Program Do for you?
- Engage you in valuable leadership experiences which become the foundation for skills such as: communication, mentoring, and conflict resolution
- Encourage you to connect with the Latinx community on campus. We will provide you with opportunities to interact, network, and collaborate with the University’s diverse population
What to Expect:
- Strong friendships with a diverse group of people
- Ability to build a mentor relationship that best suits your needs
- Become a pro Husky…Woof!
- Must be a first-year student in the fall semester at the Storrs campus
- Must complete the on-line Mentee Application
- Enroll in the 1-credit course in the spring semester. Enrollment in this course is by instructor consent only. Please contact the METAS Team at METAS@uconn.edu with questions or to obtain your permission number to enroll.
UNIV 1820 (1-credit course)
- Learn about transitional stages that you may undergo, and coping strategies that can help you thrive through your years at UConn.
- Learn how to use and locate important campus resources, career paths, and how to increase your chances of succeeding at UConn.