Who is a mentee?
A first-year student, whether a freshman or a transfer student.
How does the program work?
Once we receive your Mentee Fact Sheet, we pair you up with a mentor based on common interests and characteristics. Your mentor will be your guide and resource for the whole year! Think of your mentor and METAS as a personalized support system and family here at UConn.
Throughout the year, we host numerous events focused on academic, professional, social, and emotional support. Some events planned in the past include: Game Night, Movie Night, Panel Discussions on current events and academic paths, FAFSA Workshop with the Office of Student Financial Aid Services, Resume Workshop with the Center for Career Development, and much more.
What can this program do for you?
- Engage you in valuable leadership experiences which become the foundation for skills such as: communication, mentoring, and conflict resolution
- Encourage you to connect with the Latinx community on campus. We will provide you with opportunities to interact, network, and collaborate with the large UConn population
- Support you in different aspects of the college experience, we provide you with numerous resources for any help you might need
What to expect:
- Strong friendships with a diverse group of people
- Ability to build a mentor relationship that best suits your needs
- Must be a first-year student in the fall semester at the Storrs campus
- Fill out Mentee Fact Sheet by July 19 at 11:59PM